This city leaves me speechless.
To say that I love it here is an understatement. My soul just feels good here. Everyplace we go is a brand new adventure. The people we meet are beautiful. The sounds of the city are music.
This feeling is not new to me, really. I felt this way when I started college at Southeastern. It’s the feeling that the possibilities are endless and I can shape my own future. I ascribe to the school of thought that says life is all about the gathering of knowledge. So in a way I’m continuing my education in the city of Chicago. This is a list of what I’ve learned so far in no particular order:
- The state of Illinois does not require food handlers classes or permits for waiters. Only for managers and food prep.
- Spotify has Billy Joe Windhead’s Dark Ride.
- I’m much more productive with Evernote.
- There are 16 Unitarian Churches in Chicagoland. One was designed by Unitarian Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Tom Skilling is this wrong.
- Illinois doesn’t call it the DMV, they prefer SOS. This one is so efficient, organized, and up to date – took me no time at all to get a new license. I also would like to brag that I passed my written test without missing a question.
- For the first time in my adult life, I can say that my congressman really does represent my interests.
- You don’t declare party affiliation when you register to vote in Illinois.
More exciting updates on the horizon. Everyday is a gift, I hope I make the most of my time here – and I don’t mean here as in Chicago specifically so much as I mean here on this earth.
I hope all is well with you too, friends.
Love you! So glad you’re thriving!